Australian Food and Fibre
Seasonal Cotton Irrigators
- Fun team working environment
- Great locations across North-Western NSW
- Competitive casual pay rate
- Unforgettable experience with a close knit crew
Grab your mates and come and work for our well known client, Australia Food & Fibre!
Australia Food & Fibre (AFF) is a leading Australian agribusiness specialising in irrigation row cropping, dryland broadacre farming and cotton ginning across north-western NSW.
AFF are seeking summer seasonal employees who are honest, hard-working and reliable to join their cotton farming operations. The cotton irrigation season with AFF offers an unforgettable experience with a fun team.
About the Job
AFF water their cotton fields using furrow/siphon irrigation, which involves manually transporting water from a canal called a “head ditch” into the cotton fields using large black plastic pipes known as “siphons”. The fields will be watered by hand according to an irrigation schedule which is dictated by the weather and the needs of the plants.
For a demonstration, please visit CottonInfo: Irrigating with siphons
The cotton irrigation season is expected to run for approximately 4-5 months commencing in October 2021.
AFF are looking to share this Australian experience with employees from a diverse range of backgrounds who have the right skills, aspirations and work ethic to join them!
We encourage school leavers, working holiday makers and those with trade skills to apply. Your safety is our number one priority and all on the job training will be provided.
Skills & Qualities you’ll need
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Enjoy physical labour & tolerance for summer working conditions
- Reliable team players who are committed to safety
- High level English communication skills
- Competent driving skills
AFF’s farming operations across north-western NSW include Boomi, Bourke, Garah, Hay, Moree, Narrabri & Warren with some accommodation available.
To be successful in the role you will need to be able to work extended hours and weekend shifts.
- Seasonal irrigators can expect to work 12-hour shifts: day shift 7am – 7pm, or night shift 7pm – 7am.
- Seasonal irrigators can expect to work up to 13 days in a row, followed by a day of rest.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please upload your resume & cover letter (in one document) including two Referees. In the cover letter please state what location and work colleagues you’d like to work alongside over the season.
Questions? Contact Anna Brown (0427 644 527) or Claudia Johnston (0407 900 886) or email AFF@spinifexrecruiting.com.au
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.