Assistant Manager – Southern Highlands NSW
- Unique Opportunity
- Semi-Regional Location near Bungendore
- Mixed Farming Operation
Are you passionate about working in the livestock industry? Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and highly capable person to join our team as an Assistant Manager. An aggregation of 3,600 hectares including approx 3,000 ewes and 600 cattle, cropping and irrigation. This is a family farming company striving to achieve exemplary livestock management with a focus on the use of agri-tech and sustainable land management practices.
- Honesty, Energy, Enthusiasm, and Reliability.
- Results focused individual passionate about agriculture and livestock reproduction.
- Flexibility as requirements of the job change day to day.
- Ability to work effectively in a small team.
- Ability to work independently and manage own time efficiently.
- Well organised, tidy and with good attention to detail.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The Company has several cattle and sheep properties in the Southern Tablelands of NSW, approximately 15 minutes south of Bungendore, running around 8,000 cross bred ewes and 800 black Angus cattle across an aggregation of 4 properties.
- Assist the Manager in day-to-day operations and provide input into planning.
- Deliver on yearly improvement programs, such as rotational grazing, cropping intensification.
- Support a safe, hands on and team-led environment
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a mixed grazing context.
- Significant experience in livestock breeding, handling and management.
- Skills and abilities in fencing, maintaining and operating farm equipment.
- Understanding and experience in either cropping or irrigation would be an advantage.
- Tertiary qualification in Agriculture would be ideal.
- Firearms license.
- Working dogs or a willingness to get working dogs.
HOW TO PROCEED
Full time permanent role based in region Southern Tablelands of New South Wales. An excellent salary package with fantastic accommodation commensurate with your experience to be offered to the successful applicant Please contact Anna Brown on 0427 644 527 or email@example.com for further information. Alternatively, please APPLY NOW.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.